Thursday, August 13, 2009

Who Am I????


Well you never know what you will wake up to in the morning eh?? This morning I let my Antrim out as usual at 6:30 and he started barking up a storm!! As there are lots of coyotes out here I ran out to call him. To my surprise he was busy sniffing a hound dog about the same height as himself. This dog had a tracking radio collar on along with his I.D. collar. He belongs to a fellow on the other side of Warkworth about 20 miles from here. He obviously has been running for some time as he can hardly walk on his feet. I gave him water and he wolfed (no punn intended) a bowl of kibble. I called the owner from the info on his collar this morning at 7:00 and had to put the poor thing in the barn while I went to work. I came home 4 hours later and checked the barn only to find he was still here.He was curled up in a wood pile shivering. It took some coaxing and a biscuit to get him to come to me. I took him outside and tied him to the tree for shade and gave him more water and more food. He is soooo skinny. It is now 3:00 and no sign of the owner. Perhaps the real owner (the husband) is out working today as I spoke to the wife this morning. I remember this same dog came to my house last year too. He had escaped the night before and was running all night then too. That time the owner came right away to get him. I feel bad for the poor dog and will certainly find out why he is so skinny and shy....... don't worry folks I took lots of pictures of him from all angles in case I needed them!
Animals know what house to run to for protection!

No comments: