Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New Challenge


Ok so you all know of my Winsome Women girlfriend group and our usual get togethers spinning, knitting, rug hooking etc. Well, Grace is always coming up with these new ideas to keep us EXTRA busy, as if we don't have enough to do in our busy lives.....LOL... She has once again challenged us to a project. Making a "Stash Bag" from wool in your stash. You knit the bag and then felt it in the washing machine. The pattern called to knit it in stripes but as you know I am a bit of a rebel and have chosen to make mine in a knitted honeycomb pattern from wool I had in my stash which was one day going to be woven into a rug. (I've had it for 8 years!!) So now it is going to be a felted bag.
Stayed tuned for the finshed project in a few weeks. Not sure if I will get it done before my trip to Mexico in April.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my it looks so nice! hmmm a sweater like that would be very nice too! hint hint! haha!

Anonymous said...

Wow! After seeing this, my stripes don't seem too exciting. But--I shall persevere. This is beautiful, Kerry!
jill